Think Tank takes on virus aid talks, Kamala Harris rollout, other hot issues
Our guests this week are longtime Phoenix political and legal reporter Steve Krafft and attorney and businessman Bob Frank.
We consider several things that have loomed large in the news over the last few days:
- Pandemic relief negotiations broke down in Washington and President Donald Trump issued a series of executive orders most legal analysts see as of dubious legality.
- Joe Biden announced Kamala Harris as his vice president selection, and the two appeared jointly. How did the rollout go?
- Trump explicitly stated that he wanted to undermine the efficacy of mail-in voting and his postmaster general issued a series of dictums that had the effect of slowing down the mail.
- Trump also ordered the census to complete its work by the end of September rather than the end of October. Census experts agreed that this would impair the accuracy of the count. He also ordered that noncitizens not be counted (again of dubious legality and also unclear how it could be implemented given that the courts rejected his attempt to include a citizenship question on the census).
This week’s Think Tank takes on some of the most contentious issues of the last several days with two highly astute observers of the political scene.
The Think Tank airs on KTAR 92.3 FM on Saturdays 3-4 p.m. and Sundays 9-10 p.m.
Podcasts are available after broadcast.
The Think Tank
- Report finds Trump paid $750 in US income taxes in 2016, 2017
- President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court
- Biden’s low-key campaign style worries some Democrats
- Number of Arizonans without health insurance climbed again in 2019
- Despite Trump attacks, both parties vow orderly election