Monsoon storm brings dust, rain to West Valley
PHOENIX — Monsoon season finally tried to make its mark in the West Valley on Thursday.
A storm brought dust and rain to Buckeye, Avondale and surrounding areas, attempting to make up for what’s been a lackluster monsoon season so far.
Dust was the more disruptive force, with it limiting visibility on Interstate 10 for drivers making their evening commute.
Some rain gauges near Buckeye recorded up to two-tenths of an inch of rain in the 5 p.m. hour.
The National Weather Service in Phoenix issued a significant weather advisory for areas near Buckeye in the 6 p.m. hour.
Winds up to 40 miles per hour, strong thunderstorms and dust were expected to continue pelting the area.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix bracing for cooler weather, possible rain early next week
- Overnight I-17, I-10 closures scheduled this week in Phoenix
- North Valley restrictions on I-17, Loop 101 to affect weekend drivers
- Accident shuts down eastbound Interstate 10 near Phoenix for hours
- Fall in Phoenix? Not yet as daily heat record eclipsed at 105 degrees