Silver Alert canceled for 87-year-old Sun City West man with dementia
PHOENIX — A Silver Alert issued early Saturday morning for an 87-year-old man from Sun City West who suffers from dementia was canceled around 5:15 p.m. Saturday, authorities said.
Norman Duerr does not typically drive but may have left his residence on Micheltorena Drive in a red Chrysler PT Cruiser with Arizona license plate 614WVK.
Prior to the alert being canceled, Duerr had last been seen at 11 a.m. on Friday. He was wearing a black Michael Kors t-shirt and brown Sperry shoes.
Duerr requires medication for his condition.
Authorities believe he left his residence with his wallet but not his cell phone.
He is 5-foot-8, 185 pounds with gray hair and blue eyes.
Anyone with information on Duerr’s whereabouts has been asked to call the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office at 602-876-1011 or 602-876-8477.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Silver Alert issued for missing 73-year-old Phoenix man
- Silver Alert canceled for 67-year-old Peoria man found safe
- Silver Alert canceled after missing 65-year-old Phoenix woman found
- Silver Alert canceled for Tempe man with memory, medical issues
- Silver Alert canceled for missing 30-year-old Waddell man with autism