Valley Metro to reinstate some bus services beginning July 27
PHOENIX — Valley Metro announced Wednesday it is set to resume operations of select Express bus routes starting July 27.
According to a press release, the following routes will be reinstated later this month:
- Route 522 — South Tempe Express
- Route 531 — Mesa/Gilbert Express
- Route 533 — Mesa Express
- Route 535 — Northeast Mesa Express
- Route 541 — Chandler/Mesa Express
- Route 542 — Chandler Express
- Route 562 — Goodyear Express
- Route 563 — Avondale/Buckeye Express
- Route 571 — Surprise Express
- Route 573 — West Glendale Express
- Route 575 — North Glendale Express
Tempe Orbit circulators will also return to their regularly scheduled routes beginning July 27.
In a separate statement, Valley Metro said Scottsdale’s trolley services will also resume operations Aug. 3 at three of four locations — Old Town being the lone exception.
Valley Metro first began operating fewer bus trips due to the coronavirus pandemic on April 6.
The public transportation authority also began limiting light rail services on April 11 in response to the health crisis.
Since July 1, all Valley Metro riders have been required to wear a face covering while utilizing its services.
When possible, riders are also advised to skip a row of seating between themselves and other passengers.
Those interested in additional information regarding schedule adjustments can find additional details online.
For all articles, information and updates on the coronavirus from KTAR News, visit ktar.com/coronavirus.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.