‘Empire’ actor arrested in metro Phoenix, accused of abusing wife
GOODYEAR, Ariz. — “Empire” actor Bryshere Gray has been arrested in Arizona on accusations of abusing his wife, police said.
The Goodyear Police Department said 26-year-old Bryshere Gray was booked into jail Saturday, ABC15 reported.
The woman had visible injuries when she flagged someone down to ask for help near Gray’s home in the Phoenix suburb of Goodyear, saying her husband had assaulted her, police said. She told emergency responders that Gray had strangled her, and she was taken to a hospital, authorities said.
Gray refused to leave his home when police arrived but was arrested after SWAT and crisis negotiators responded, police said.
Gray, who played Hakeem Lyon on the Chicago-based TV show, was pulled over in Chicago in 2019 after authorities said a temporary license plate didn’t match the 2014 Rolls Royce he was driving. He was arrested on a misdemeanor registration charge and ticketed.
“Empire,” which ran for six seasons on Fox, aired its series finale in April.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Carl Reiner, beloved creator of ‘Dick Van Dyke Show,’ dies at 98
- Arizona programs to assist domestic violence victims expanded
- Domestic violence calls on the rise in Phoenix during coronavirus outbreak
- Goodyear police shoot armed suspect after brief foot chase
- Tempe police defend use of Taser on suspect who picked up baby