Silver Alert canceled after 70-year-old Apache Junction woman found dead
PHOENIX — Authorities canceled a Silver Alert on Wednesday afternoon for an Apache Junction woman with a cognitive impairment after she was found dead.
Myra Lewis, 70, was located deceased after an extensive search by officials from the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office.
There were no signs of foul play or suspicious circumstances surroudning Lewis’ death, PCSO officials said.
Lewis left her home on foot at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday and failed to return, according to the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
Lewis, who had Alzheimer’s disease, was last seen wearing a top of unknown color, blue stretch pants and tennis shoes.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona DPS arrests, charges 7 in Mesa over alleged drug enterprise
- Silver Alert canceled; missing 82-year-old Phoenix woman found safe
- Silver Alert canceled for 87-year-old Sun City West man with dementia
- Phoenix man accused of kidnapping his 2 nieces, killing 1
- Silver Alert canceled after Gold Canyon man found safe