Brush fire causes closure of Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway in Mesa
PHOENIX – The eastbound Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway in Mesa was temporarily closed Wednesday morning because of a fast-moving brush fire on the side of the road, authorities said.
The highway was closed at McKellips Road around 9:30 a.m. and reopened about 30 minutes later, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The closure was made to let first responders bring equipment into the area to fight the fire, according to the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
The cause of the fire was unknown.
No other information was immediately available.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Police officer injured in collision; US 60 closed in Mesa
- Suspect arrested after shooting at Peoria officers during highway pursuit
- Loop 101 closures, restrictions in North Valley to affect weekend traffic
- Loop 101 in East Valley to be restricted this week for pavement work
- East Valley, north Phoenix drivers to deal with weekend freeway closures