Silver Alert canceled after Phoenix man with special needs found safe
PHOENIX – A Silver Alert was canceled Tuesday around 4:15 p.m. after a 21-year-old Phoenix man with special needs was found safe, authorities said.
Vicente Joseph Russell, who goes by Joey, was found by family members in the area of 35th Avenue and McDowell Road.
Russell had last seen Monday around 7 p.m., near 35th and Maryland avenues.
Phoenix Police said Russell has been diagnosed with autism and was said to be nonverbal.
Russell had last been seen wearing a red T-shirt, black shorts and a white baseball cap.
He stands 5 feet, 7 inches tall and weighs 126 pounds; he has black hair and brown eyes.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Silver Alert issued for missing 73-year-old Phoenix man
- Silver Alert canceled for 67-year-old Peoria man found safe
- Police looking for shooter in Phoenix man’s 2011 death
- 6 people injured, 1 dead in shooting outside Phoenix nightclub
- Art Detour returning to Phoenix for its 33rd year as a 33-day event