Dave Ramsey says: Contribute 15% of income to your retirement
I read where you recommend investing 15% of your income into Roth IRAs and other pre-tax retirement plans.
Do you also advise counting a company match as part of that percentage?
Employment situations, and employers, can change at any time. I want you putting in 15%. That way, you don’t have to rely on someone else to complete your retirement savings plan.
Planning for retirement is your responsibility. It’s not your employer’s job to make sure you have money to live on in your old age.
Stick 15% in there yourself, Bryce. If your employer matches workplace contributions, that’s great.
Things will be even better!
- What students, parents need to know about financial aid during outbreak
- Dave Ramsey says: If you can afford it, pay off mortgage ASAP
- Dave Ramsey says: Study up on compensation for promotion
- Dave Ramsey says: Safe bet is to put 15% of income into retirement
- Dave Ramsey says: With new baby and home, couple should buy life insurance