Police locate family of young boy found alone in Glendale
PHOENIX — Authorities located the family of a young boy found alone Wednesday morning in Glendale.
He was found at 7 a.m. just south of 49th Avenue and Bethany Home Road.
The Glendale Police Department said the boy’s family was notified by news apps and was reunited with him.
A family member had been babysitting him, and there is no suspicion of neglect, police said.
The boy, who is about 5 years old, is nonverbal and appears to have special needs, police said.
He stands 3-feet, 8-inches tall and weighs 50 pounds.
Anybody who recognized him or knew his parents or guardians was asked to call 623-930-3000.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Glendale mayor vows to keep police department ‘fully funded’
- Officials say quick response helped mitigate threat of Westgate shooting
- 2 men arrested after shooting at police officers in Glendale
- Chandler woman killed by gunshot, husband arrested on murder charges
- Glendale Police Dept. recommends felony charges for retired officer