Phoenix to reduce city bus operation hours amid coronavirus outbreak
PHOENIX — The Phoenix Public Transit Department will be reducing the hours of operation for its bus services due to the coronavirus outbreak, the city announced in a press release on Friday.
Beginning May 4, bus services will begin at 5 a.m. Monday through Friday and at 6 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Additionally, city bus hours of operation will temporarily no longer include 11 p.m. to midnight Monday through Thursday or 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Friday and Saturday.
The reductions are designed to allow for transit services in areas of the highest need while also preserving the safety of riders, drivers and the community.
A full list of operated bus routes can be found online.
These COVID-19 preventative measures will also continue to remain in place:
- Passenger limits on buses
- Social distancing of six feet or more between riders
- Passengers are urged to use a mask or cloth face cover
- Rear door boarding and deboarding
- Driver’s area separated with plexiglass
- Hand sanitizer on buses
- Contractors distributing PPE to drivers
- Visual-only fare inspection
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning