Gunshot victim involved in rollover crash on US 60 in Mesa
PHOENIX – A car matching the description of a vehicle that left the scene of a reported shooting crashed and rolled over on U.S. 60 in Mesa early Monday morning, authorities said.
The 5 a.m. accident shut down the eastbound ramp at Dobson Road.
Phoenix Sgt. Maggie Cox said in an email that police had responded to a call about gunshots near 45th Street and Baseline Road. A witness said a vehicle left the area shortly afterward.
While officers were at the scene, they were alerted by the Arizona Department of Public Safety that a similar-looking car had crashed.
The man driving was taking a woman with a gunshot wound to the hospital. Their injuries were not life-threatening and they were both were taken for treatment.
Police said the two “declined to assist in prosecution.”
The ramp was reopened by late morning.
No other details were immediately available.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 1 killed in officer-involved shooting in Phoenix; 2 found injured in home
- Phoenix police remind community of penalties for stealing campaign signs
- Phoenix police release sketch connected to suspicious death
- Phoenix falls 2 spots to No. 19 in energy efficiency ranking of US cities
- Mesa police, federal agency offer $20K reward for shooter who killed toddler