Legally Speaking: Jodi Arias is winning and here’s why
Don’t feel sorry for Jodi Arias.
Even though she’s in jail and on trial for her life, she’s racked up many victories. And continues to do so, despite the odds.
Why is she winning?
1. If delay is the goal, then the battle has been won. The first jury was selected in December 2012 and trial is still going in January 2015.
2. The first jury hung on life vs. death.
3. Arias continues to be in the spotlight and receive attention.
4. The jury heard testimony about pornography found on Travis Alexander’s computer.
5. The jury heard testimony about Arias’ allegations regarding Alexander and child pornography.
6. The court bends over backwards for her.
7. She received a new attorney for the penalty phase (Kirk Nurmi 2.0 has stepped up to the plate and hasn’t stopped throwing punches).
8. She continues to dominate Juan Martinez’s time.
9. She testified secretly for two days and escaped from being cross-examined.
10. She is still alive.