Fatal wreck shuts down westbound US 60 in east Mesa
PHOENIX – One person was killed and another injured in a car crash late Thursday on U.S. 60 in Mesa that shut down westbound lanes.
The vehicles collided near Crismon Road around 11:20 p.m.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said neither car had been driving in the wrong direction.
The investigation continued into early Friday before authorities reopened the road shortly before 6 a.m.
US 60 WB remains closed (due to a serious crash) just past Crismon Road in east Mesa. All traffic MUST exit at Crismon Road; there's no estimated time to reopen US 60. #aztraffic pic.twitter.com/kK48v8Z6nP
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) February 21, 2020
No other details were immediately available.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Incumbent Jerry Weiers leads primary election for Glendale mayor
- Arizona PPE company to start mask production at Mesa facility
- 10 Arizona fire departments to receive more than $2.6M from FEMA
- Silver Alert canceled; missing 82-year-old Phoenix woman found safe
- Arizona primary election: Here are top races to watch Tuesday