Fatal wreck shuts down westbound US 60 in east Mesa
PHOENIX – One person was killed and another injured in a car crash late Thursday on U.S. 60 in Mesa that shut down westbound lanes.
The vehicles collided near Crismon Road around 11:20 p.m.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said neither car had been driving in the wrong direction.
The investigation continued into early Friday before authorities reopened the road shortly before 6 a.m.
US 60 WB remains closed (due to a serious crash) just past Crismon Road in east Mesa. All traffic MUST exit at Crismon Road; there's no estimated time to reopen US 60. #aztraffic pic.twitter.com/kK48v8Z6nP
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) February 21, 2020
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- ADOT maintaining essential services during coronavirus pandemic
- Gunshot victim involved in rollover crash on US 60 in Mesa
- Arizona to keep schools closed for 2 more weeks due to coronavirus
- Freeway restrictions to slow drivers across metro Phoenix this weekend
- Restrictions for I-17 drainage project in Phoenix begin Tuesday