If you’re big fan of Apple products, you probably have an iPhone and a Mac that you use every day.
Apple has done a lot to make these two devices work together very nicely.
But did you know that you could tether them so your iPhone would automatically lock your computer when you stepped away and cause it to spring back to action when you returned?
This convenient and powerful security system comes courtesy of an app called Tether.
By loading the tether app on both your smartphone and Mac, both of which are free, you can actually make this happen.
And you don’t have to worry about Tether draining your iPhone’s battery to accomplish this magic because it uses Bluetooth Smart which is low energy.
If you work in an open environment or at home and want to control snooping eyes, this is probably one of the best tips I’ve ever given you.
- Is it true that Windows 10 is more secure than Windows 7?
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?
- How can I tell if a keylogger has been installed on my devices?
- How can I protect my router from the attack the FBI is warning about?
- What is your recommendation for DNA testing your pet?