The Internet of Things was all the rage this year’s Consumer Electronics Show because inexpensive connected devices were everywhere.
I was particularly interested in wireless sensor tags that allow you to monitor location, motion, temperature and even humidity on just about anything you care about.
These inexpensive devices will allow you to monitor things like when a garage door is opened or when motion is detected. Toss one in your refrigerator door and you’ll get an alert whenever someone is raiding the fridge!
These sensors combined with a smartphone app can alert you to just about anything that happens in your home or business.
Motion sensing is great, but you can even monitor moisture levels, which can alert you to major water leaks in real time.
The technology that’s available to monitor everything you care about from your smartphone ranges from 20 to 70 dollars.
Wireless tags are the basic building blocks to monitoring everything.
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?
- How can I tell if a keylogger has been installed on my devices?
- How can I protect my router from the attack the FBI is warning about?
- What is your recommendation for DNA testing your pet?
- How can I get my child into coding this summer?