One of the most interesting ways to capture a sunset, sunrise or any setting that has slow movement in it, is through time lapse photography.
Time lapse video is a compilation of a bunch of still images taken at a set interval and mashed together.
Lots of digital camera’s have this capability built in, but if you’d like to have the option on your smartphone, check out an app called Lapse It.
Lapse It allows you to choose an interval in minutes, seconds or even milliseconds to accommodate just about any scenario and it’s really easy to use.
It can even guide you through the process of creating stop motion video, kind of like those old claymation shows we all grew up with.
Time lapse photography is a great way to capture slow moving objects like the tide going out or pillowy clouds overhead and turn them into really beautiful videos.
Once you get the basics of using time lapse photography down, you can do some really creative things.
Lapse It is available for both iPhone and Android phones and can be downloaded at
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?
- How can I tell if a keylogger has been installed on my devices?
- How can I protect my router from the attack the FBI is warning about?
- What is your recommendation for DNA testing your pet?
- How can I get my child into coding this summer?