The technology world has been trying to convince us all that we really need 3D video and pictures, but most of us haven’t bit.
The lack of affordable tools that can create 3D video and pictures has been one of the problems that many companies are trying to address.
One of those companies is Poppy, which has developed an inexpensive way to turn an iPhone into a 3D camera system.
You just slide your iPhone in and start capturing 3D videos and pictures that are instantly viewable and shareable.
Poppy looks like a modern day version of the View Master that we all grew up with and uses mirrors to capture two stereographic images with your iPhone’s single camera.
There are no batteries to charge, because Poppy is a cleverly engineered device that leverages the power of your iPhone.
If you’ve been intrigued with creating 3D content, but didn’t want to spend the money, Poppy sells for $59.95, so it’s pretty inexpensive in comparison.
Poppy works with iPhone 4 or newer or the 5th generation iPad touch.
If you want to see it in action, check it out at Poppy3d.com.
- Can you help me understand all the numbers on SD memory cards?
- Tips for getting the most out of Instagram and your phone's camera
- Intel's NUC is big performance tucked inside a small package
- Should I try updating my processor firmware now or wait?
- How can I get my computer running again after Windows 10 crash?