The summer travel season is underway and your smartphone is a great way to discover interesting things all around you.
Location based augmented reality apps can make you aware of historical items nearby, even if they don’t exist anymore.
One of my favorites is Google’s Field Trip app which I originally discovered when I started testing Google Glass.
Field Trip is a hyperlocal tour guide that will help you discover interesting and unique things that are generally hidden from most people.
It can help you learn about everything from local history to the latest and best places to shop, eat, and have fun.
You select what you like and the information pops up on your phone automatically, as you walk next to those places.
I have actually learned so many interesting historical tidbits around where I live and work because of this awesome app.
It’s especially helpful when you’re visiting an unfamiliar area because you can quickly discover hidden gems as if you were a local just by walking down the street.
What have you been missing on your daily commute all these years? Find out with the Field Trip app
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?
- How can I tell if a keylogger has been installed on my devices?
- How can I protect my router from the attack the FBI is warning about?
- What is your recommendation for DNA testing your pet?
- How can I get my child into coding this summer?