The summer travel season often leads to a road trip filled with amazing and unexpected memories; some good, some bad.
I love finding those off the beaten path and quirky places on my road trips but they usually only come from a chance meeting with a local.
This desire to find the fun and unusual is the focus of a great web resource at Roadtrippers.com.
You start by setting your starting and ending points so you can search for attractions, accommodations, entertainment, food and drink, history, nature or just about anything that will make your road trip interesting.
You can easily add stops along the way to see how long it will take and get an estimate of what you will spend in gas to complete your road trip.
Once you create your road trip, you can use their mobile app to sync it to your phone for turn-by-turn directions to every destination.
If creating your own road trip sounds like too much work, you can start with pre-existing itineraries like Route 66 or Haunted Hotels and modify them for your taste.
- Can you help me understand all the numbers on SD memory cards?
- Tips for getting the most out of Instagram and your phone's camera
- Intel's NUC is big performance tucked inside a small package
- Should I try updating my processor firmware now or wait?
- How can I get my computer running again after Windows 10 crash?