Microsoft recently released an update to an update to Windows 8 that’s actually really helpful for anyone that’s been struggling with the user interface.
In a clear signal that they are trying to get older Windows users to warm up to their newfangled look and feel, Windows 8.1 Update adds lots of keyboard and mouse features for all of us that don’t have a touch screen.
If you updated your Windows 8 system to Windows 8.1 a while back, you shouldn’t have to do anything to get the update, unless you turned off the automatic update.
This update isn’t just about keyboard and mouse features, it’s also an important step in making sure that you get future updates.
Microsoft is requiring anyone that has Windows 8.1 to get this update in order to continue to get security updates.
You want to make sure you have this update installed before mid May so you keep getting security patches and feature updates for your computer.
I’ve posted instructions for making sure your automatic updates are turned on and a video that shows you the new features that come with the update at DataDoctors.com/radio
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?
- How can I tell if a keylogger has been installed on my devices?
- How can I protect my router from the attack the FBI is warning about?
- What is your recommendation for DNA testing your pet?
- How can I get my child into coding this summer?