Learning a new language or improving your vocabulary is a lot easier when you can commit the time to focus on it, but that’s not always possible.
One unique approach to helping us improve our language skills is offered by a free web service called Lingua.ly.
Lingua.ly is a Chrome browser add-on that turns your daily web surfing into an opportunity to learn new words in any of 5 languages: English, Spanish, French, Hebrew and Arabic.
Once you install the extension, you simply double click on any word to get an instant translation along with audio so you can hear how to say the word.
Anything you double-click gets added to your basket of words so you can review them later as flashcards or as a guessing game.
They even have an app for Android handsets that allows you to do the same thing on your smartphone.
You’re not going to become fluent from scratch with this tool, but if you’re looking for an easier way to improve your language skills, it’s a winner!
- Can you help me understand all the numbers on SD memory cards?
- Tips for getting the most out of Instagram and your phone's camera
- Intel's NUC is big performance tucked inside a small package
- Should I try updating my processor firmware now or wait?
- How can I get my computer running again after Windows 10 crash?