Learning a new language or improving your vocabulary is a lot easier when you can commit the time to focus on it, but that’s not always possible.
One unique approach to helping us improve our language skills is offered by a free web service called Lingua.ly.
Lingua.ly is a Chrome browser add-on that turns your daily web surfing into an opportunity to learn new words in any of 5 languages: English, Spanish, French, Hebrew and Arabic.
Once you install the extension, you simply double click on any word to get an instant translation along with audio so you can hear how to say the word.
Anything you double-click gets added to your basket of words so you can review them later as flashcards or as a guessing game.
They even have an app for Android handsets that allows you to do the same thing on your smartphone.
You’re not going to become fluent from scratch with this tool, but if you’re looking for an easier way to improve your language skills, it’s a winner!
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?
- How can I tell if a keylogger has been installed on my devices?
- How can I protect my router from the attack the FBI is warning about?
- What is your recommendation for DNA testing your pet?
- How can I get my child into coding this summer?