Today’s tip focuses on something you may already have, but didn’t really know about.
If you use any of Google’s online tools like Gmail or Google+ you get at least 15Gbs of free cloud storage called Google Drive for documents, spreadsheets, pictures or whatever you want to store online.
One really good use of that free online space is to backup your important files and pictures which is made much easier if you install the Google Drive utility on your Mac or Windows PC.
Once installed, Google Drive becomes a folder on your computer so that anything that you save in it get’s automatically synced to your free storage account.
Any change you make in the Google Drive folder is mirrored in the My Drive section on the web. That means anything you share, move, modify, or put in the trash will be reflected in My Drive the next time your computer syncs.
It only takes a few minutes to get setup and once it’s in place, it’s a really simple way to protect your valuable digital assets and have access to them from any computer or smartphone you own.
- Can you help me understand all the numbers on SD memory cards?
- Tips for getting the most out of Instagram and your phone's camera
- Intel's NUC is big performance tucked inside a small package
- Should I try updating my processor firmware now or wait?
- How can I get my computer running again after Windows 10 crash?