Vehicle fire closes I-10 transition ramp to US 60 in East Valley
PHOENIX – A major freeway transition ramp in Tempe was closed Thursday afternoon after a vehicle fire.
The ramp from eastbound Interstate 10 to eastbound U.S. 60 was closed around 2 p.m., according to the Arizona Department of Transportation, backing up traffic through the Broadway Curve.
Motorists were advised to use the Loop 202 or Loop 101 freeways to avoid the area.
The ramp was reopened around 4 p.m., ADOT said.
The ramp was closed because of the fire around 1:15 p.m., but it reopened temporarily before closing again for cleanup.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Suspect arrested after shooting at Peoria officers during highway pursuit
- 3 seriously injured in car accident that closes State Route 143 in Tempe
- Loop 101 closures, restrictions in North Valley to affect weekend traffic
- Car accident shuts down Interstate 10 past downtown Phoenix
- Injury accident shuts down Interstate 10 south of Phoenix