Vehicle fire closes I-10 transition ramp to US 60 in East Valley
PHOENIX – A major freeway transition ramp in Tempe was closed Thursday afternoon after a vehicle fire.
The ramp from eastbound Interstate 10 to eastbound U.S. 60 was closed around 2 p.m., according to the Arizona Department of Transportation, backing up traffic through the Broadway Curve.
Motorists were advised to use the Loop 202 or Loop 101 freeways to avoid the area.
The ramp was reopened around 4 p.m., ADOT said.
The ramp was closed because of the fire around 1:15 p.m., but it reopened temporarily before closing again for cleanup.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Weekend freeway restrictions to again affect drivers across the Valley
- Driver arrested after leading police on freeway chase across metro Phoenix
- Fatal rollover crash shuts down Interstate 10 south of Phoenix
- Fatal crash closes eastbound Interstate 10 south of Phoenix
- Long delays on eastbound Interstate 10 in West Valley