Man accused of fatally scalding woman who overdosed in Scottsdale
PHOENIX – A woman who overdosed on heroin has died of burn injuries after the man who allegedly supplied the drugs poured hot water on her, according to Scottsdale police.
Cassandra Love, 37, lost consciousness after doing the heroin allegedly provided by Gary Rundle, 63, on Feb. 3 at an apartment near Hayden and McKellips roads, police said.
Police said Rundle was extremely intoxicated and acknowledged trying to revive Love with multiple pans of hot water.
Love was hospitalized with severe burns over most of her body and died of those injuries Feb. 9, police said.
Rundle was initially arrested on one count of aggravated assault.
Scottsdale police also recommended manslaughter charges.
The case remains under investigation.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.