We’ve told you about Prey Project, the free service that allows you to track your lost or stolen laptop, take photos of the user and and screenshots of what they’re doing, it’ll pinpoint its location, and then you can notify the police.
While Prey Project is good, it’s missing one component. You have to do the legwork, you have to notify the police, and you have to push them to try and recover it.
Just like with AntiVirus, there’s a reason to use a paid version over the free one… it does more.
LoJack, you know the people who help you get your car back, have a LoJack for Laptops. That’s right LoJack for laptops help businesses and consumers track, manage, secure and recover mobile computers.
LoJack for Laptops features remote data and device security to prevent use of a lost laptop, protect privacy remotely, and map a laptop’s location.
Here’s where it’s different. The service ALSO includes a dedicated theft recovery team that works with local law enforcement to track down your stolen laptop. You do nothing, they do all the work.
So far, LoJack has recovered over 26,000 laptops.
We’ve got the answers to your technology questions.
All you have to do is ask.
Go to facebook.com/datadoctors
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?
- How can I tell if a keylogger has been installed on my devices?
- How can I protect my router from the attack the FBI is warning about?
- What is your recommendation for DNA testing your pet?
- How can I get my child into coding this summer?