It’s happened to most of us who shop online, you find what you’re looking for, but the price is so low, it looks suspicious. It happens.
When you shop online there are a couple of tools you can use, to help you determine if the place is legit or not.
First, go to scamadviser.com and put in the web address you want to check up on. There, you’ll be able to quickly see if they are a known scam sight.
Next, install the safe browsing tool from WOT, this tool quickly gives you a Green, Yellow or Red Indicator, to let you know if you should do more homework. It also tells you what they are being flagged for if they do get a low rating.
Finally, whenever you shop online DO NOT use your debit card. Using your debit card can tie up YOUR money if you get scammed. Some banks can take as many as 10 days to credit you back. If you use a credit card however, you never feel the pain while the bank works to resolve the issue.
We’ve got the answers to your technology questions.
All you have to do is ask.
Go to facebook.com/datadoctors.
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?
- How can I tell if a keylogger has been installed on my devices?
- How can I protect my router from the attack the FBI is warning about?
- What is your recommendation for DNA testing your pet?
- How can I get my child into coding this summer?