There’s been lots of news lately about corporate accounts getting hacked, in fact many of you have experienced the pain of a Facebook or Google account breach, but did you know it’s easy to prevent?
If you haven’t already heard the term 2 Step Verification, you need to embrace it TODAY!
2 Step Verification is available for most of the big online services like Facebook, Google, and most banks these days.
So what is it, and why should you be doing the 2 step?
2 Step Verification uses something you know, your password, and something you have with you, your phone.
It drastically reduces the chances of having your personal information in an account stolen by someone else. Why? Because bad guys would have to not only get your username and password, they’d have to get a hold of your phone.
Once you have it turned on, when you or someone pretending to be you, signs in from an unrecognized device, you have to enter your username and password as usual. But, you’ll also need to enter a code from your phone.
During sign in, you can tell it not to ask for a code again on that particular computer. But when anyone else tries to sign in to your account from other computers, you’ll get an alert asking for that special code.
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?
- How can I tell if a keylogger has been installed on my devices?
- How can I protect my router from the attack the FBI is warning about?
- What is your recommendation for DNA testing your pet?
- How can I get my child into coding this summer?