If you use an iPhone, you already know how bad the mapping system is.
When Apple released their new operating system, people were outraged at the loss of Google maps.
It’s time to Listen, Laugh and Learn with another Data Doctors Tech Tip.
In fact, this tech tip is so quick and easy, you can do it as soon as we are done talking.
While Apple and Google were having a cat-fight in the corner, consumers were suffering.
Bad directions, missed landmarks, and distorted images of city streets were common among Apple maps.
Then, without much fanfare, Google maps returned just before the holidays.
But you might notice, when you ask Siri for directions, she still opens Apple maps.
So here’s how you can force her to use the map program you want, Google maps.
Next time you ask your phone for directions finish the sentence with “via transit”. This simple step will force your phone to look for routing apps that use public transit and walking directions.
Since Apple maps doesn’t cover public transit it brings up Google. Now all you have to do is press the word route.
- Can you help me understand all the numbers on SD memory cards?
- Tips for getting the most out of Instagram and your phone's camera
- Intel's NUC is big performance tucked inside a small package
- Should I try updating my processor firmware now or wait?
- How can I get my computer running again after Windows 10 crash?