If you use an iPhone, you already know how bad the mapping system is.
When Apple released their new operating system, people were outraged at the loss of Google maps.
It’s time to Listen, Laugh and Learn with another Data Doctors Tech Tip.
In fact, this tech tip is so quick and easy, you can do it as soon as we are done talking.
While Apple and Google were having a cat-fight in the corner, consumers were suffering.
Bad directions, missed landmarks, and distorted images of city streets were common among Apple maps.
Then, without much fanfare, Google maps returned just before the holidays.
But you might notice, when you ask Siri for directions, she still opens Apple maps.
So here’s how you can force her to use the map program you want, Google maps.
Next time you ask your phone for directions finish the sentence with “via transit”. This simple step will force your phone to look for routing apps that use public transit and walking directions.
Since Apple maps doesn’t cover public transit it brings up Google. Now all you have to do is press the word route.
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?
- How can I tell if a keylogger has been installed on my devices?
- How can I protect my router from the attack the FBI is warning about?
- What is your recommendation for DNA testing your pet?
- How can I get my child into coding this summer?