Updates, updates, everywhere there are updates for your computer, so you should be updating everything all the time right? Well, not necessarily.
Kevin asked us on Facebook ,about a website, that offered to update all his drivers. Drivers are small software programs that control your hardware and updating them all at once is a bad idea.
Driver conflicts are one of the most frustrating problems your computer can have.
Kevin, here’s our advice to you and anyone else who comes across one of these offers. Be careful! These types of programs can cause a problem where one didn’t exist before.
Unless you are trying to solve a known problem, we’d suggest you take a pass!
In general updates are good, but in this case, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
- Can you help me understand all the numbers on SD memory cards?
- Tips for getting the most out of Instagram and your phone's camera
- Intel's NUC is big performance tucked inside a small package
- Should I try updating my processor firmware now or wait?
- How can I get my computer running again after Windows 10 crash?