Subject of Silver Alert OK after driving into West Valley pond
PHOENIX – The subject of a Silver Alert was located after she drove into a pond Tuesday morning in the West Valley, authorities said.
Karen Strong, 77, was driving her Ford Flex in Surprise when the accident occurred, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.
Media reports showed the Ford partially submerged in a community pond near Bell Road and Parkview Place.
Sgt. Joaquin Enriquez said in an email Strong would probably be taken to a hospital for precautionary reasons.
Strong was near the Sun City West senior living facility where she lives when she went missing Monday afternoon.
She had been driving behind her son’s vehicle. When he pulled into the parking lot at Spanish Garden Drive, Strong kept going, heading west on Camino Del Sol.
Strong stands 5 feet, 8 inches tall. She has strawberry blonde hair and brown eyes.
The black SUV she was driving has a Louisiana license plate SQH512. Another vehicle identifier is the Louisiana State University sticker in the rear window.
Anyone with relevant information about Strong was asked to call the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office at 602-876-1030.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Silver alert canceled after missing Phoenix woman found safe
- Silver Alert canceled after 80-year-old Phoenix man found safe
- Silver Alert canceled for 79-year-old Phoenix woman
- Silver Alert canceled after missing West Valley boy found safe
- Silver Alert canceled for special-needs teenage Mesa boy found safe