Avondale man with dementia returns home; Silver Alert canceled
PHOENIX — A Silver Alert was canceled late Tuesday for a missing 82-year-old Avondale man who returned home on his own, authorities said.
Authorities said Laverne Eugene Nolan Jr. came back after seeing the alerts about himself posted.
Nolan suffers from dementia and a heart condition and had last been seen at his residence near Indian School Road and 107th Avenue at about 8:30 a.m. that day.
The license of his 2012 Toyota Prius was detected by a plate reader that showed him heading north on Interstate 17 near Cordes Junction at about 11:30 a.m.
He had left home without his medicines.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Avondale to host 17th annual Tres Rios Nature Festival
- Silver Alert canceled after 82-year-old Chandler man found safe in Tucson
- Silver Alert canceled for 13-year-old Chandler girl with autism
- Subject of Silver Alert OK after driving into West Valley pond
- Avondale to lay down checkered crosswalk design for NASCAR race