Avondale man with dementia returns home; Silver Alert canceled
PHOENIX — A Silver Alert was canceled late Tuesday for a missing 82-year-old Avondale man who returned home on his own, authorities said.
Authorities said Laverne Eugene Nolan Jr. came back after seeing the alerts about himself posted.
Nolan suffers from dementia and a heart condition and had last been seen at his residence near Indian School Road and 107th Avenue at about 8:30 a.m. that day.
The license of his 2012 Toyota Prius was detected by a plate reader that showed him heading north on Interstate 17 near Cordes Junction at about 11:30 a.m.
He had left home without his medicines.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Silver Alert canceled for West Valley man who drove away from home
- Missing Goodyear man found safe; Silver Alert canceled
- Silver Alert canceled for missing 77-year-old Scottsdale man
- Remains of missing Arizona woman with Down syndrome found in desert
- Avondale to host 17th annual Tres Rios Nature Festival