20-month-old boy dies after being pulled from Chandler pool
PHOENIX — A 20-month-old boy died Friday morning after he was pulled from a backyard pool in Chandler, according to police.
Fire officials said the child was found in the pool at a home near Warner and Dobson roads.
Family performed CPR on the the toddler before he was taken to a hospital, officials said.
Police said an investigation into the incident was ongoing.
Editor’s note: Police initially said the boy was 2 years old, then later said he was 20 months old.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Man jumps into Arizona canal to save his dog, likely drowns
- Arizona ranks among the top 10 states millennials are flocking to
- CVS hiring 500 to work in large Chandler office
- Chandler Police Chief wants to keep dialogue with protesters open
- 1-year-old boy not breathing when pulled from Cave Creek pool