The Think Tank makes political predictions for 2020
Until this year, our predictions show was bundled with our Year in Review Awards Show. But the show was too much fun and we had too much material for a single show, so this year we devote a full hour to predictions for the upcoming year.
2020 Arizona Predictions: What are the chances of a game-changing Democratic takeover of at least one legislative chamber in 2020? Of a 2022 trifecta (House, Senate and governor)? Rising stars (each party)? Our next senator? “Long Shot” and “Sure Thing” predictions and a rapid-fire list of specific questions are all revealed.
2020 National Political Predictions: Will any Republican senator stand up to Donald Trump? Will the trial in the Senate take actual live testimony? Who will be on the Democratic ticket (including vice president)? The Republican VP nominee? Rising stars in each party? And, the biggie: who will win the 2020 presidential elections?
Our panelists from last week’s Year in Review return for a crack at predictions: sometimes turncoat Republican Chuck Coughlin, trouble-making attorney Tom Ryan and reformed politician turned consultant Jack Lunsford.
The Think Tank airs on KTAR News 92.3 FM on Sunday at 1-2 p.m. and repeats at 9-10 p.m.
Podcasts are available after each show is broadcast.
The Think Tank
- Closures, heavy traffic affect Phoenix streets on day of Trump’s visit
- Phoenix first responders preparing for visit from President Trump
- What you should know before President Trump’s Phoenix rally
- Immovable objects: Asarco, striking workers at odds after four months
- Democratic hopefuls now test strength among minority voters