Westbound I-10 shuts down in west Phoenix after crash causes fuel spill
PHOENIX — Westbound Interstate 10 was closed Friday morning near 51st Avenue due to a multiple-vehicle crash.
According to the Arizona Department of Public Safety, a commercial vehicle ruptured its gas tank in the collision and was leaking fuel.
Several vehicles struck a tire in the road around 7 a.m. near 67th Avenue, DPS said.
Multiple lanes reopened about an hour later as crews cleaned up the spill.
Traffic had been exiting I-10 onto the new Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway.
DPS said it was unclear if there were any injuries.
No further information was immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Weekend freeway restrictions to again affect drivers across the Valley
- Vehicle fire closes I-10 transition ramp to US 60 in East Valley
- Driver arrested after leading police on freeway chase across metro Phoenix
- Fatal rollover crash shuts down Interstate 10 south of Phoenix
- ADOT to repair asphalt problems on new South Mountain Freeway