PHOENIX — Dignity Health is expanding to the West Valley.
Next month, the health care organization is opening the brand new St. Joseph’s Westgate campus in Glendale.
The 35-acre medical facility will sit right off the Loop 101, between Glendale and Northern avenues, at 7300 N. 99th Avenue, across from the Westgate Entertainment District.
“It’s the state of the art medical campus, so it’s small and intimate,” said Linda Hunt, senior vice president of operations, president and CEO of Dignity Health in Arizona. “Right now, it will [have] 24 in-patient beds and 24 emergency room bays, but it has the ability…to go up to 200 beds, if needed.”
The 60,000 square-foot facility will also house two operating rooms and two procedural rooms. Hunt added that there will also be easy parking and easy access for both the emergency room and visitors.
“It’s the future of how health care is going to be: Much smaller footprint but easy access — easy for physicians and patients and families to visit, to get care and to get home.”
When compared to other Dignity Health complexes, the Westgate campus is fairly small at 60,000 square feet, but it provides access to all the Barrow physicians, if a need for them arises.
The Barrow Neurological Institute offers a variety of services for many different types of neurological disease.
“We have an immediate consultation and transfer downtown where you will be cared for at the St. Joseph’s main campus,” Hunt said.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Navigating a new cancer survivorship plan
- Testing for genetic cancer is now more available in Phoenix