House fire in Phoenix displaces 2, sends elderly man to hospital
PHOENIX — The Red Cross is working with two displaced people following a house fire near the corner of Amelia Avenue and 86th Lane in Phoenix on Saturday evening.
One elderly man was hospitalized as a result of the fire, which was extinguished before 8:00 p.m.
The fire began in the kitchen and trapped the man in a back bedroom of the house, according to a release by the Phoenix Fire Department.
Fire crews from Phoenix and Glendale were able to extinguish the fire before it could spread to the attic of the house.
Authorities said that no firefighters were injured in the incident and the cause of the fire was under investigation.
No further details were provided.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Fire restrictions to be put in place in some Arizona locations
- Fire forces evacuations from Walmart in Glendale; no injuries reported
- Scottsdale man receives 16-year sentence for investment fraud scheme
- Gilbert opens $85M police and firefighter training facility
- Drought expected to continue in Arizona through April