Small plane makes emergency landing on street in north Phoenix
PHOENIX — A small plane made an emergency landing on a neighborhood street in north Phoenix on Wednesday morning.
Capt. Nicole Minnick with Phoenix Fire said the Piper PA-34 went down near 23rd Avenue and Deer Valley Road.
Minnick said two people were in the plane, and neither was injured. One was taken to the hospital for further medical evaluation while the other declined.
According to ABC15, some cars were damaged as a result of the landing.
Minnick said the National Transportation Safety Board and Federal Aviation Administration were investigating the cause of the incident.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Here’s how Phoenix first responders are coping with the killing of 3 kids
- Phoenix police say mom sang to young children while killing them
- North Phoenix, East Valley drivers face minor weekend freeway restrictions
- Shooting leaves man dead in north Phoenix, suspect sought
- Hail blankets parts of north Phoenix ahead of evening commute