Phoenix woman killed after being hit by car; suspect drove away
PHOENIX — A 55-year-old woman died in the hospital after being hit by a car Wednesday night.
Around 7:05 p.m., the woman was crossing the street around Indian School Road and 81st Avenue. A driver later identified as Anthony Cancilliere hit her, slowed down, and then drove away, according to the Phoenix Police Department.
Cancilliere was found driving around a couple miles down the road at 99th Avenue and Indian Road.
Police believe Cancilliere was under the influence of drugs. He was arrested on accusations of failing to stay at the collision and DUI involving drugs.
The victim was taken to the hospital, where she was declared dead.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 2 killed in separate car accidents on Phoenix streets
- Phoenix police looking for suspect in shooting that injured 4 people
- Phoenix officer charged with sex crimes against women in his custody
- Silver Alert canceled after 53-year-old man found in Phoenix
- Phoenix City Council declares masks in public now mandatory