Phoenix woman killed after being hit by car; suspect drove away
PHOENIX — A 55-year-old woman died in the hospital after being hit by a car Wednesday night.
Around 7:05 p.m., the woman was crossing the street around Indian School Road and 81st Avenue. A driver later identified as Anthony Cancilliere hit her, slowed down, and then drove away, according to the Phoenix Police Department.
Cancilliere was found driving around a couple miles down the road at 99th Avenue and Indian Road.
Police believe Cancilliere was under the influence of drugs. He was arrested on accusations of failing to stay at the collision and DUI involving drugs.
The victim was taken to the hospital, where she was declared dead.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix police looking for suspects in 2 armed robberies last month
- Phoenix police looking for driver who hit, killed 51-year-old woman
- Phoenix teacher accused of having sex with 16-year-old girl in 2013
- ‘Cold’ examines Josh Powell’s potential fraud tied to car crashes
- Phoenix police looking for suspect who stole 2 vehicles while fleeing