Man allegedly kills mother with ‘bladed object’ in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A man allegedly killed his 74-year-old mother with a “bladed object” this week, according to Phoenix police.
Police said officers responded to a call of a dead body at a residence near Seventh Street and Indian School Road on Wednesday around noon.
The officers found Tina Topali dead with “trauma observed on her body” that appeared to be caused by a “bladed object,” police said.
Police arrested Topali’s 50-year-old son Harlen Shelton as the suspect.
He was charged with one count each of second-degree murder and abandoning a dead body.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Here’s where Fourth of July fireworks in metro Phoenix aren’t canceled
- Silver Alert canceled after Phoenix man with special needs found safe
- 2 killed in separate car accidents on Phoenix streets
- Arizona ranks among the top 10 states millennials are flocking to
- Phoenix’s hottest day seared into memory, even from afar