Man allegedly kills mother with ‘bladed object’ in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A man allegedly killed his 74-year-old mother with a “bladed object” this week, according to Phoenix police.
Police said officers responded to a call of a dead body at a residence near Seventh Street and Indian School Road on Wednesday around noon.
The officers found Tina Topali dead with “trauma observed on her body” that appeared to be caused by a “bladed object,” police said.
Police arrested Topali’s 50-year-old son Harlen Shelton as the suspect.
He was charged with one count each of second-degree murder and abandoning a dead body.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Ranking says Phoenix is a top 50 city in the world, top 20 large city in the US
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona Marathon will take over streets in Phoenix, Tempe
- Legally Speaking: Uber/Lyft airport fees decision still up in the air
- Man accused of stabbing 15-year-old boy to death in Phoenix
- Marriott sells Sheraton Grand in downtown Phoenix for $268M