Man allegedly kills mother with ‘bladed object’ in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A man allegedly killed his 74-year-old mother with a “bladed object” this week, according to Phoenix police.
Police said officers responded to a call of a dead body at a residence near Seventh Street and Indian School Road on Wednesday around noon.
The officers found Tina Topali dead with “trauma observed on her body” that appeared to be caused by a “bladed object,” police said.
Police arrested Topali’s 50-year-old son Harlen Shelton as the suspect.
He was charged with one count each of second-degree murder and abandoning a dead body.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Video: Man arrested after attempt to steal a wheelchair on Phoenix light rail
- California-based construction company closing Phoenix factory
- Nearly 100 entries to be featured in Phoenix’s APS Electric Light Parade
- Valley Metro to offer Polar Express rides, holiday event this weekend
- Prison whistleblower wants Ducey to be more involved with broken locks