Man allegedly kills mother with ‘bladed object’ in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A man allegedly killed his 74-year-old mother with a “bladed object” this week, according to Phoenix police.
Police said officers responded to a call of a dead body at a residence near Seventh Street and Indian School Road on Wednesday around noon.
The officers found Tina Topali dead with “trauma observed on her body” that appeared to be caused by a “bladed object,” police said.
Police arrested Topali’s 50-year-old son Harlen Shelton as the suspect.
He was charged with one count each of second-degree murder and abandoning a dead body.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Sprouts, Taylor Morrison earn spots on Fortune most-admired list
- Great-aunt says she had no idea 3 kids killed in Phoenix were in danger
- Hiker finds dead body on South Mountain in Phoenix
- Sharper Point: I’d rather be an emotional mess than a monster
- Woman hit by 2 cars killed as she crossed street in Phoenix