MCSO: 55-year-old man dies while diving at Lake Pleasant
PHOENIX — A 55-year-old man, Randall Mancebo, passed away on Saturday night while diving at Lake Pleasant, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.
MCSO lake patrol deputies responded to a call for a possible drowning at the lake shorty after 8 p.m.
The man was diving with a group of six when he became unresponsive near Lake Pleasant Harbor, officials say.
CPR was performed by firefighters, but they were not able to resuscitate the man who was pronounced dead on scene, according to MSCO Sgt. Joaquin Enriquez.
Mancebo was scuba diving at a depth of approximately 60-feet. The crew was diving near the Vista Point Recreation Area at Lake Pleasant.
He was taken to the Maricopa County Medical Examiner for further evaluation.
Enriquez also added that lake patrol detectives have taken over the investigation and said that there were no signs of foul play or suspicious circumstances.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Amy Pohl contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Report shows MCSO displaying signs of racial bias during traffic stops
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from May 8-10
- Queen Creek begins recruitment process for first police chief
- Woman dies, 2 people injured in Glendale house fire
- DNA match leads to arrest in 2016 Phoenix murder