Love can be defined in may different ways, yet, it sometimes seems like we forget how to express it to others.
Love is so simple. These kids define love in a manner which everyone can understand. What is love? Some of their answers include:
- Helping someone even if you don't want to.
- Giving away some of your stuff that you really like.
- Sharing your toys with others.
- Smiling and saying good things about others.
- Giving compliments.
- Helping your parents.
- Playing with someone on the playground when they are lonely.
- Love others because you are loved.
- Love others because that is what Jesus did for us.
- Treat others how you would like to be treated.
- Be kind to others.
- Sharing food with those who need it.
- Giving hugs and kisses.
One boy made a beautiful point when he said, “If we show people love, they can spread it all around the world. How much more loving the world would be if we chose to show love instead of being full of selfishness, hate, revenge, gossip or any other self-serving or hurtful actions.
Love truly is about giving of yourself to someone else in need. Feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, comforting the sad, helping the helpless and befriending the lonely. One person's love can make a difference. Being kind is not something you will ever regret.
How do you show love to others? How about to your family? How do you show love to your spouse? Make sure those around you know you love them. Love can be shown through actions, words, deeds or through a kind embrace.
Read these “20 little ways to show love” and use the tips in your marriage and family. It'll make a difference in their lives as well as your own. Love is contagious.
Wendy Jessen is a regular contributor for familyshare.com and frequently does media reviews. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org and she blogs at mormonmomofsix.blogspot.com.