A downtown Phoenix restaurant needs some relief from a repeat robber.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Darren Burch said a burglar broke into the Athenian’s Restaurant at Central and Roosevelt four times between April 14 and June 17, 2013.
“He usually hits on Mondays and doesn’t make an effort to avoid surveillance cameras,” said Burch, “He doesn’t make an effort to disguise himself either.”
Investigators think he might live nearby.
Next, a great example of neighbors watching out for neighbors.
On Friday, April 5, 2013, just before dawn, a resident of the neighborhood near 12th Street and Dobbins spotted someone suspicious in her neighbor’s car.
Burch said she used her cell phone to take a picture.
“Then, when she found out her neighbor’s car had been stolen, she gave police the picture she had taken.”
The car was later found with its wheels gone and oil smeared all over it so there were no fingerprints.
Arizona's Morning News
- Study: 41% of Phoenix public schools within 1,000 feet of tobacco sellers
- Summer 2020 on pace to be hottest in Phoenix’s history
- Phoenix police report spike in violent crime during virus pandemic
- Democrat Hiral Tipirneni expected to challenge Schweikert in November
- 10 Arizona fire departments to receive more than $2.6M from FEMA