Silver Alert issued for 78-year-old Gilbert man
PHOENIX — A Silver Alert was issued for a 78-year-old Gilbert man who has been missing since Thursday morning.
George Watanabe was last seen by his wife walking out of the front door of his home near Riggs and Higley roads at about 7:45 a.m.
Watanabe suffers from high blood pressure, bipolar disorder and recently suffered a serious head injury that has caused him to forget things easily and cause him to be lost.
Watanabe was driving a red 2018 RAM 2500 pickup truck with a canopy shell and silver-gray doors that displays Washington license plate DP64021.
The 78-year-old and his wife are temporarily living in Arizona.
Watanabe is 5-foot-6, 140 pounds and was last seen wearing a brown dress hat with a small gold cross across the top, a navy blue demin-type shirt and jeans.
Anyone with information on Watanabe’s whereabouts is asked to call the Gilbert Police Department at 480-503-6500.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- ‘Giving machines’ are coming back to Gilbert for 2nd year
- Hot dog! Gilbert restaurant offering freebies for grand opening
- Here’s where 4 new Fox restaurants are going in the Valley next year
- 2 Valley cities ranked among best in nation to live for veterans
- Silver Alert canceled for 75-year-old Surprise man found by police