Impeachment? Think Tank considers legal and political aspects
This week’s Think Tank will consider both the legal and political aspects of impeachment.
Legal expert Paul Bender will discuss legal aspects of impeachment, including the accuracy of Gerald Ford’s statement when he was a House member that impeachment grounds are whatever the House of Representatives say they are. What are High Crimes and Misdemeanors? Need there even be a crime at all for impeachment to occur?
Then political consultant Chuck Coughlin and Mike weigh in on the political aspects of impeachment. What seems, at this fluid moment, to be the most likely outcome? Former Sen. Jeff Flake has said that if there were a secret vote, there would be 35 Republican Senators who would vote to convict Trump. Since there will not be a secret vote, what is the likely outcome? Will the House even submit an impeachment resolution to the Senate if it looks like the Senate will not act?
The Think Tank airs on KTAR News 92.3 FM on Sunday at 1-2 p.m. and repeats at 9-10 p.m.
Podcasts are available after each show is broadcast.
The Think Tank
- McSally shrugs off impeachment question, calls reporter ‘liberal hack’
- Trump’s trial begins, senators vowing ‘impartial justice’
- Trump’s defenders to play to many audiences in Senate trial
- The Crossing: What to watch as impeachment heads to Senate
- Pelosi sets Wednesday votes to send impeachment to Senate