Semi rollover closes I-10 westbound west of Phoenix
PHOENIX — A semi rollover closed Interstate 10 westbound about 40 miles west of downtown Phoenix Friday morning, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The wreck was to the west of State Route 85, near milepost 103.
Lanes reopened around 7:30 a.m., but officials said traffic was still backed up due to a semitruck fire at milepost 105.
Eastbound lanes were unaffected. A detour was in place, but drivers were told to expect long delays.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona lawmaker wants answers about Dion Johnson’s death
- Westbound Interstate 10 in Buckeye reopened following crash
- Brush fire causes backup of I-17 traffic heading north from Phoenix
- Video of I-17 crash in Phoenix shows dangers of wrong-way drivers
- Tanker rollover causes natural gas leak in Phoenix