Semi rollover closes I-10 westbound west of Phoenix
PHOENIX — A semi rollover closed Interstate 10 westbound about 40 miles west of downtown Phoenix Friday morning, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The wreck was to the west of State Route 85, near milepost 103.
Lanes reopened around 7:30 a.m., but officials said traffic was still backed up due to a semitruck fire at milepost 105.
Eastbound lanes were unaffected. A detour was in place, but drivers were told to expect long delays.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Wreck shuts down Interstate 10 in Chandler/Ahwatukee area
- ADOT highway sensors to detect dust storms in the distance
- Valley drivers getting break from major freeway closures this weekend
- Arizona agency now offering full-time construction training programs
- I-10 crash involving semitruck causes delays during rush hour