Multi-vehicle accident causes long delays on I-17 heading into Phoenix
PHOENIX — Motorists returning from a weekend up north Sunday have to wait a little longer to make it home.
A multi-vehicle accident near Black Canyon City on southbound Interstate 17 around 6 p.m. caused long delays, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The backup was about eight miles and the accident was blocking the left lane.
Black Canyon City is about 50 miles north of Phoenix.
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) September 23, 2019
Motorists are advised to delay travel or use alternate routes.
There’s no estimated timetable for the crash to clear, ADOT said.
The northbound lanes were not affected by the accident.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix-bound traffic returns to normal on Interstate 17 southbound
- Interstate 17 southbound traffic backup begins to diminish following crash
- Westbound I-10 lanes at Interstate 17 split reopened after crash in Phoenix
- More than 100 firefighters fight industrial fire near I-17, 19th Avenue
- Stage Fire that shut down I-17 believed to be human-caused