APS power outage impacts more than 1,800 customers in Phoenix
PHOENIX — More than 1,800 Arizona Public Service customers in Phoenix experienced a power outage Monday afternoon due to a downed power line.
APS said the outage, which started around 12:30 p.m., was caused by a vehicle.
The affected area was bound by Pierce Street to the north, Washington Street to the south, Ninth Street to the east and 32nd Street to the west.
By 5 p.m., the number of customers affected was estimated to be down to 740.
The utility said all power was restored at 8 p.m.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix police arrest 3 in connection with a fatal stabbing
- Here’s an exclusive look at Tonopah’s Palo Verde Generating Station
- Two Valley cities ranked in top 10 least green cities in America
- Temperature in Phoenix could dip into 50s for 1st time since May
- Fake utility workers rob Phoenix couple at home