APS power outage impacts more than 1,800 customers in Phoenix
PHOENIX — More than 1,800 Arizona Public Service customers in Phoenix experienced a power outage Monday afternoon due to a downed power line.
APS said the outage, which started around 12:30 p.m., was caused by a vehicle.
The affected area was bound by Pierce Street to the north, Washington Street to the south, Ninth Street to the east and 32nd Street to the west.
By 5 p.m., the number of customers affected was estimated to be down to 740.
The utility said all power was restored at 8 p.m.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix climbs to 110 degrees for first time this year, ties record heat for date
- Community unites to repair Phoenix woman’s home after fire
- Tanker rollover causes natural gas leak in Phoenix
- Heat wave to send temperatures soaring across Phoenix area this week
- Near drowning sends 80-year-old Phoenix woman to hospital