Tempe suspect flees on bicycle, crosses Interstate 10 before arrest
PHOENIX — A suspect fled on a bicycle and crossed Interstate 10 in Tempe before being arrested Sunday afternoon, according to authorities.
Officers attempted to stop the suspect near 48th Street and Baseline Road for a traffic violation at approximately 11:30 a.m. before he fled on the bicycle, Tempe Police’s Allyson Roy said in an email.
The suspect then ditched the bicycle and fled across the I-10 on foot before being apprehended in Guadalupe without incident, Roy said.
The suspect is facing several charges, including shoplifting, trespassing and obstructing a police officer, according to Roy’s email.
No other information was immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Scottsdale police seeking help in identifying bank robbery suspect
- East Valley I-10 ramps to Loop 202 to have overnight closures this week
- DPH: ASU coronavirus patient released from isolation
- Closures spread across multiple Valley freeways this weekend
- Canopy by Hilton to open in downtown Tempe by early spring